We are a Hauppauge (Long Island) based robotics company which develops and commercializes technology for the Energy industry. We have an immediate need to add a valuable team member to our team. This is a unique opportunity to work in a dynamic environment, on interesting projects and with very smart and creative people.
We are currently seeking a detailed oriented and capable person to manage our production planning and implementation along with our prototyping machine shop. This role would also manage members of our production staff, vendors, and contract manufacturers in the build, prototype and test of ULC’s products.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing a constantly shifting work schedule, in balancing production staff and in selecting and implementing the most appropriate method of manufacturing/fabricating components and systems from single quantity prototypes to small/medium production builds. The Production Manager/Scheduler will be capable of handling a diverse task load and will be ready to take on new and interesting challenges daily.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Supervise, inspire and schedule machine shop and production staff
- Allocate production resources according to project and product delivery priorities
- Manage ULC’s master schedule along with production schedule
- Analyze and manage inventory, quality and production planning
- Work closely with engineering teams during development to proactively plan the manufacture of future products and systems
- Work closely with our management team, administrative staff, and engineers to ensure projects are performed on time, on budget and at the highest level of quality
- Manage vendors to ensure quality and timely delivery of off the shelf, machined parts and custom components
- Review and select products, components and subsystems for manufacture outside of ULC
- Select, set up and manage Contract Manufacturers
- Assist with generating cost estimates and BOMs to support ULC’s quoting process
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and process improvements
- Provide support as needed to help operate and grow the business
- Ideal candidate has an engineering degree and a minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Must have supervisory or management experience
- Experience with CNC and manual machining planning/processes a must
- Must have experience managing complex, ever changing production schedules
- Must have extensive experience working with the Microsoft Project and Office suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must have great communication skills and strong technical ability
- Must be a self-starter and be capable of managing a constantly changing, varied task load with minimal supervision. A positive, team-oriented, and proactive attitude is essential
- Should possess strong organizational skills to keep track of multiple simultaneous projects while coordinating resources to meet our commitments. Must have experience creating and tracking project schedules.
Our Company is proud to offer:
- Competitive Pay with Opportunity for Bonus
- Excellent Health Plan
- 401K Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- Dynamic and supportive work environment
Please respond via email with your resume and a brief description of yourself, what makes you unique and any hobbies or “extracurricular” activities you do that seem relevant to the position.